Friday, March 07, 2008

Grain lover

I wanted to compare the price of film processing for 1 sheet of 4x5 film between these two.
this place had such a website. http://diapositive.com/
made me sad. so I couldn't even check the price, but I think I pay $2.50 to $3.00 per sheet, because I use them. on the other hand, Print Space charges $1.75 per sheet.


The print space had such a legendary picture of the darkroom business on their website. They seem like they will survive somehow. and that made me feel safe to keep using the film. Though I feel like I'm an old school DJ who still uses vinyl and carries a heavy case around town. That's really what I do.

3 comments:

davi said...

god bless the print space....
i am a lover also of it....
but honestly and desperately trying to get over my addiction of film and its time magic...
hope you find what you want in it...

jimagraphy said...

i like rodinal.
i like fuji neopan 400. its black is so sexy.

chestercake said...

Not many people have been loyal to film since the quality of digital is better or equal to film. It makes me really sad. What's wrong with old school? What's wrong with addiction?
My royalty lies with film, forever!