Saturday, October 25, 2008

Kimie in NYC 2008


Kimie, a peer girl friend of mine from high school in Japan. It is very funny how I could relate to her almost the same way as I used to, 15 years later here in NYC. We went to dance clubs, drank, laugh really loudly (I thought it's just me), flirt boys, staying up late, etc... just like how we were when we were teenagers. I saw a part of me in her.


Intimacy of "girl friends"


J-skaters we met at Yokocho. Most of them were more than a decade younger than us. They called us "お姉さん”

To view the full coverage of this post, visit my flickr slide show; http://flickr.com/photos/28448811@N05/sets/72157608370320109/show/

2 comments:

chama said...

glad to get to see your long time girl friend here in nyc
it's nice feeling to meet friends you've known since you are teenager, and every time you meet them, you go back to H.S. times.
i missed the night of surrounded by young boys. they must've wanted to learn from onesans...

davi said...

Ayumi,
chasing down your youth i can feel..